Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Chess Games

I am pawn to your queen
fighting through the ranks
to earn a spot along side your reign

Be my direction
Let your light guide me
I grant you dominion
over my world
over my existence
over me

Amidst chaos and turmoil
your sweet sentiments are soul soothing
From pawn to knight
I fight for thee
sword and shield in hand
love on mind
I use the possibilities as strength

The possibility of a future
The possibility of us
The possibility that one day
I will be your king

One day

2 comments:

Pegs said...

I swear this almost feels like the "old days" of Poets.com! You know what Mr. Dawson- you may just be better than what I gave you credit for. I almost felt as if I were watching a jousting match with the ending of Romeo and Juliet. Quite exciting to the senses!

I loved the line- "I use the possibilities as strength" That was a great use of personification!

~A

Junie said...

Thank you very much!